Monday 6 August 2012

Lakeside 10k July 15th 2012

Another 10k just one week after Brighton.  This time, 13 laps of Alexandra lake, Lakeside, Thurrock.  A rather strange run-up to this event as I had originally entered it, then when discovering that SKS was going to be on this day, the organisers allowed me to move it to September 15.  Then when discovering an open water swim camp was taking place in September, I was allowed to move it back to July 15 as SKS was cancelled!!!!  Then I forgot to move Chris's entry back to July so by the time I finally turned up, I think the organisers were well and truly fed up with me.  Ironically, I won a wetsuit for entering it !

13 laps is a difficult one.  Swimming a 10k from A to B is not so bad - just 1 length.  But 13 laps!   Did become a bit boring and did need to pull on all my 'focusing techniques' to get me through it, but sort of enjoyed it in a strange sadistic kind of way!

On existing the water I learnt that Chris had won his age group 1500m so bloody well done Chris. x.

Two wins for me and Chris and a brand new wetsuit thrown in too, so what a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment