Sunday 24 June 2012

Windsor 3.8k - June 10 2012


Blue Seventy wetsuit - 3.8 Windsor swim.

On me lonesome for this one.  Not sure why no other Redcaps had entered but nevertheless, off I toddle with Chris for the Royal Windsor Swim.



Few hundred competitors in all and a very cold murky day.  This is when you really do have to pull on your enthusiasm and justify why on earth one would head off on a long car journey, in cold windy rainy weather to jump into an ice cold river.

I can't answer that question.  But can say, that its for the same reason thousands of other swimmers do it. It's a fantastic achievement and a great feeling.   Whats the alternative?  Housework, gardening, cooking, ironing.  Mmmmmm, now let me think - that's exactly why I do it.  It's called living life to the full.  And I love it - (Most of the time).


My famous Lock-Ness arm recovery - dreadful !


Not entered an F3 Event before and I was a tad disappointed with the lack of facilities, organisaton and results procedure.


The registration tent had no idea where to send me to get changed.  It was impossible to get out of the river, swimmers were being pulled out on their tummy's along a make-shift board!

I am actually standing on some poor mans knee as the previous method
of sliding out on your tummy was proving too difficult for the swimmers.


1st lady over 50, 1hr 1min, tough swim.


and something went wrong with the timing chips so the presentations didn't happen.  And no results for over 24 hours - not good.   






So, all in all, did I enjoy this one, not particularly.  A race against a very strong current made it extremely hard work for half the distance.

No other Redcaps there either so a pretty dull day :{



No comments:

Post a Comment