Monday 23 September 2013

The Julie's fault, bettsy, ratty, doggy poo bin swim - 11 August 2013

Following the huge success of my Queen's Jubilee charity swim last year, Julie asked me if I was going to do another one this year.

Whilst I was delighted with last years turn out and the success of it, the stress levels of organising a river swim for 30 people with kayaks, safety crew, not to mention clearing it with the authorities all by myself proved somewhat more stressful that I had originally imagined.  Not because I couldn't organise it, but because if anyone had decided to die on that day, I'm not sure I could have ever coped with the trauma.  I certainly don't think I would every have been able to swim again.
So when Julie asked me, my initial thought was definitely no, never again.  I slept on it for a few days and then thought, what if I scale it down, just invite say about 12 swimmers and combine it with a BBQ party round our house afterwards.  We were having such a beautiful summer, that it was a shame to waste it.  It's what us swimmers would consider a perfect day.  Long swim in a river, BBQ, wine, music and great company.  



So that was it, the inaugural Julies fault, Bettsy, Ratty Doggy Poo Bin swim was about to take place.

It's called the Julie's fault.......... purely because, we swim as far as the poo bin then come back again - simple.

The sun was shining, the food was fabulous and the company was even better.

The first of many I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment